UPDATE: ON TUCSON AIR SHOW 2010
There is a new logo and the dates have changed since first release. Dates are now March 20, 21, 2010.
No Flying Schedule will be posted
- What: Aerospace & Arizona Days 2010
- Where: Davis-Monthan Air Force Base
- When: Sat. Sun. March 20-21, 2010 8am NO admissions after 2pm
- Cost: Free
- Parking: Free*
There will be shuttle service from Park Place Mall and El Pueblo Neighborhood Center. Shuttles run continuously from 8 am to 2 pm to the show. Return trips only until 5:45 on Saturday and 4:45 on Sunday. Round trip fare: $2.50 (children and adults) $1.25 (seniors)
What To Bring:
Canned Goods for the Food Bank. There will be receptacles at each entrance to the show. The Food Bank is requesting non-expired canned-good donations only. Ideal Donations include: beans, meats, soups, tomato products and vegetables.
- Bags and backpacks (those with infants can bring a small diaper bag)
- Lawn Chairs (rentals available)
- Pets (service animals allowed)
- Uniforms worn by non-military members
- Weapons of any type
- Water and other liquids (free water stations will be located throughout the display areas.)
Aircraft in the Skies
- A-10 West Demonstration Team
- C-17 Demonstration Team
- F-18 Super Hornet Demonstration team
- Ed Hamill flying his Dream Machine
- The Patriots Jet Team
- Greg Poe, flying the ethanol powered Fagen MX-2 aerobatic aircraft
- U.S. Air Force Academy Wings of Blue
- U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds
- Tim Weber, flying the Geico Extra 300S aerobatic aircraft
There is now a lot more information available at the Davis Monthan site on Aeorspace & AZ Days 2010
You will also find a great list of planes that will be on display at this years show at the bottom of the page link above. You won’t want to miss that list or the show.
Aerospace & AZ Days
is the formal name for this event. Most call it “The Tucson Air Show”. Searching for it by that name will probably turn up little results beyond this post. The dates are set. A quick visit to the DM Air Force Base site will find one image with the dates on it.
I know a lot of us have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this event to return to Tucson. I wish I had more details on the event itself. As they become available I’ll post them here.
Anyone finding out updated details please let me know so I can post them here. At least we know there will be one this year (2010)