The Tucson MLS Statistics May 2018 were released this week.
The Tucson real estate market saw robust activity for the month of May.
• Total Sales Volume of $413,401,140 is an increase of 10.09% from last month’s number of $375,510,677 and an increase of 14.51% over May 2017.
• The Average Sales Price of $261,480 is an increase of 1.11% from $258,616 in April.
• Average List Price of $267,234 increased by 1.05% over April’s 264,467.
• Total Under Contract decreased 1.52% since last month going from 2,167 to 2,134.
• Total Unit Sales of 1,581 is up this month over April’s number of 1,452, resulting in an 8.88% increase, and is up 7.55% over May 2017.
• The Median Sales Price of $216,500 is an increase of .70% since April’s 215,000.
• New Listings of 1,981 are down from 2,006 in April but are an increase of 3.28% from May 2017.
• Total Active Listings of 3,048 is a decrease of 1.58% from April.
• Average Days on Market decreased this month to 41 from 43 in April.
• Conventional loan sales of 45.2% exceeded Cash Sales of 24.9%.
Lowest Inventory in over 10 years
I put the Active Listing number in bold because it is the second month in a row that the Active listing inventory has dropped to a record low. We haven’t seen this few listings going back as far as as 2007.
If you want to dig around in the report and see all the data you download the report: Tucson MLS Residential Statistics May 2018 in PDF format. There’s a lot of detailed information in these monthly reports.
Detailed Area Reports
Long Realty also provides detailed area reports if you are interested in particular areas around Tucson. Provided here are links to the three north area reports.
Three North Area Reports
If you would like the monthly report for any other areas of Tucson you can request those through the contact form and we will be glad to send you the area reports you request.